A discussion about:
- How to manage a sustainable company and embed sustainability in your business model (not just in the marketing plan)
- Why you should question your business model daily to gain a competitive advantage sustainable in and of itself
- The role of a sustainable, entrepreneurial mindset and the need for a ‘change’ in company culture
- The importance of being honest about your efforts
- How to involve the whole team, including your partners, suppliers, and all stakeholders in the decision-making process
With experience in education and research, as well as in social entrepreneurship, Dr. Paola Ossola holds a PhD in business administration, with a specialization in organizational behavior, from the University of Pavia, a master's degree in managerial economics, and a bachelor's degree in international management from the University of Insubria. She currently teaches corporate entrepreneurship and business sustainability. Outside of teaching, Paola volunteers with several non-profit organizations and is the co-founder of the non-profit association, Alzheimer’s Fest, which serves to advocate for and uphold the dignity of people living with Alzheimer’s disease.
Lars has been a hotelier for as long as he can remember. He holds various diplomas in project and change management and strategic marketing from Cornell University and Open University, has been building his dynamic world of hotels since 2004 and manages his own strategic hotel consultancy firm, SolutionsHI. In his second life, he is a start-up entrepreneur with Singular Places, embodying the change he wishes to see in the industry he loves! As the ultimate feel-good travel site, Singular Places is a network of mindful hosts and entrepreneurs, who aim to make travel more sustainable and fulfilling for guests. He is passionate about supporting and working with amazing hosts and small enterprises around the globe, and making a difference.